Semi-Nerdly is my personal website, where I post content related to my hobbies in an advertisement and endorsement free environment. I pay to remove the advertisements, because I would have absolutely no control over the ads my visitors would see if ads were enabled and as a fellow user of the Internet, I know just how inappropriate many online advertisements can be. They bug me too, so you won’t see any here!
If you happen to feel like showing your support for the content I produce here, I’ve put together the following options. Supporters of Semi-Nerdly can be seen in the “Thank You!” section of the Welcome page and I sincerely appreciate every single one of you. Thank you so much!
R. Bassett Jr. (Rob/Tatwi)
I am adept at writing technical documentation and I am capable of producing the “copy” for user manuals, brochures, and the like in a timely manner. Examples of my work can be found here on this site as well as in my GitHub repository, such as the documentation for my Legend of Hondo computer game modifications . I am fluent in only the English language, however I am an excellent written and verbal communicator who can translate documentation created by non-native speakers into proper English, while maintaining the correct technical context. If you’re interested in my services, please contact me by email.
Royalties for “Deck or Die” Game Production
If you would like to manufacture and sell the board game I created, Deck or Die, you may purchase a world wide licence that allows you to produce the game for ten years, at the cost five United States dollars per unit that you produce. Payment must be made in full before any units are produced for the duration of the contract. Contact me for further details.
Odd Jobs and Volunteering
If you live in our neighborhood and need some typical yard or house work done, I most likely can make the time to loan a hand. If it’s work, I expect to be compensated. If you genuinely need some help, such as being too elderly to shovel your own driveway, I am a fellow human being. Send me an email, we’ll work something out. Please don’t come to our house though, because that bugs me, I don’t like it, and I don’t feel bad about being antisocial in this way. Get off my lawn, ya hippies! 😉
Personal Computer Purchasing Assistance
Want to buy a computer, phone, or tablet, but you aren’t confident enough to buy it on your own? I can help you with that! It pains me to see people like my mother spend good money on stuff that’s totally unsuitable for them, simply because they couldn’t find the help they needed. Rather than rely on web searches and store employees of questionable knowledge, shoot me an email and I’ll see what I can do to help you out. Unlike so many others, if I don’t know how to help you help, I will actually say so! Who knows, maybe if we put our heads together we’ll figure it out!
If you’re an individual and you’re satisfied with my assistance, some form of compensation for my time would be much appreciated. If you’re a business, I will be paid for my consultation based upon terms we agree to ahead of time and the transaction will be completed in a manner consistent with income tax laws, etc.
Many people use online platforms to operate campaigns as a way to make a living off the content they create on the Internet and that’s wonderful for those people. However, I personally do not feel as though what I do here on Semi-Nerdly is at a level where people should be paying me for it, especially given how I don’t create content regularly and consistently!
That said, if you’d like to send a donation my way, I would be ecstatic if you gifted me an item in Guild Wars 2 or if you sent me something you no longer needed that I could put to use. We’re a very modest family of five and my wife and try very hard to make due with what we have, rather than spend our limited funds on stuff we don’t really need. Really, “stuff” doesn’t make people happy, love, and opportunity, and expression makes people happy! Alas, heady sentiments aside, I am but a mere mortal and there are indeed plenty of things on my personal “wish list”. 🙂
Anyway, I figured it would probably helpful if I made an actual list of specific things we’d use, so here is that list!
I also created an Amazon Wish List, but to be perfectly frank, prices and selection on Amazon are often not the best, so please shop wisely rather than quickly. It all adds up!
- Pasta, canned goods, cereal, rice… basically, food. Kids eat endlessly, let me tell ya so we can never have too much of it kicking around! lol…
- Arts and crafts supplies, like paints, paper, markers, sewing/crochet, play dough, etc.
- Girls clothes the would fit ages 8 to 14 or so.
- Books for kids grade 2 to 7. My wife reads a variety of novels, while I tend to read text books and occasionally classical science fiction. We all love reading though and used books are great!
- Electric piano of a standard size that would be good for learning
- Electric guitar and amplifier
- Bass guitar
- Microphone stand with a boom
- Basketball hoop
- Vegetable and flower seeds for gardening with the kids
- Any wireless router that is better than our old D-Link Wireless G model…
- A maid. Wait… that’s supposed to be me! 🙂
Desktop Computer Upgrades
- 27″ 1080p monitor (preferably with FreeSync) $180
- Intel Core i5 8600 (non-k) $280
- GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard (I need one usable PCI slot) $80
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM $200
- Nvidia Geforce 1060 3GB graphics card $330
- 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD $200
- 120mm Case fan (low noise) $10
- 120mm Metal Fan Grill $5
- Easy Flash III cartridge or equivilent $65 USD
- 2 Nintendo/Sega style gamepads $?
- Jelly-filled wrist rest for keyboards $20
- Simons’ BASIC cartridge
- Burger Time cartridge
- Bubble Bobble cartridge
DOS/Windows 98 Computer
- ATA to SATA hard drive adapter $15
Guild Wars 2 (Send to Tatwi.3562)
- Bank slots (15)
- Shared inventory slots (18)
- Bag slots (10)
- Unlimited logging tool
- Unlimited mining tool
- Copper-fed salvaging tool
- Character slots (62)
- 20 Slot Bags
- Storage expanders (7)
- Outfits: Champion of Tyria, Ceremonial Plated, Dynamics Exo-Suit, Inquest Exo-Suit Ironclad, Mad Scientist, Pirate Captain’s
- Gliders: Dynamics Glider Module, Classical, Glacial, Magic Carpet, Super Adventure Holo-Copter
- Mount Skins: Flamelander, Wintersday(all), Storm Ridge, Kourna Jackrabbit, Pyroclast, Shrine Guardian Jackal, Stardust, Fire Pinion
- Dies: Uncommon, rare, and exclusive
Electronics & Other Hobbies
- 7″ to 8″ Tablet (mainly for reading PDF files) $100
- Raspberry Pi 3 and power supply $60
- Raspberry Pi Zero W $10
- 87 Key VicTsing/Tomoko Mechanical Keyboard $40
- 5″ 800×600 LCD for Pi $50
- Guitar Picks $7
- Microphone stand with boom $30
- Soldering “Helping Third Hand” $15
- Soldering iron holder $10
- Solder wick $5
- 8GB or 16GB Class 10 Micro SD Card $10
- 7 Piece Dungeons & Dragon Dice $2
- Proto Electronics Solderable Boards (various sized) $20
- Misc electronic component (resistors, capacitors, diodes, etc)
- 5 Volt / 3 Amp quality power supply $20
- Used pickup truck for yard work, going to the dump, etc. It doesn’t need to be pretty, just able to be pass safety and be insurable.
- Tin roofing approx 1,200 square feet. Used is fine as long as it’s suitable for reuse on the house.
- Four 7′ foundation jack posts and enough 2x10s to make a 10′ beam that’s 3 boards wide.
- Modestly clean gravel and the will for me to level out the dirt floor under our extension while fighting icky spiders…
- Old iron wood stove, the kind used for cooking. I’d like it for the back yard and for something to use during a power outage.