I have reached the center of the galaxy in No Man’s Sky for the first time. From the game play mechanics perspective, the only reason to do so is if you want to jump through the center of the galaxy so you can magically pop out on the outer rim of a different galaxy. However, I don’t actually want to do that, because I would rather stick around in the starting galaxy and take part in the GOG multiplayer community (which happens to be near the center of the galaxy).
Being somewhat of a nerd, I decided to keep a travel log. Near the half way point I realized it would take two thirds of nine-ever if I kept stopping to smell the roses and to write down the addresses of the systems I passed though, which is why the log got a lot more boring near the end. Ah well, I am there, I did it, yay me!
Here are a few images, one at the core, one on my way to GOG Civilized Space, and one of me standing on the destination planet!
Now all I have to do is poke my imagination until it comes up with something fun to build. Hmmm… I guess I could also poke my nose over the neighbor’s fence and see what they’re up to too, now that I have neighbors. 🙂
– Started in The Moon system, 719,485 LY due east of the core.
– Traversed two black holes and decided I had best start a log in case I get destroyed at some point!
– Beokayas Prime (113C013F25B7) is a delightful world with beautiful weather, brownish-purple grass, blue-green water, and blues skies. No Sentinel activity to speak of either.
– Found merchant on space station selling S-Class 24 Slot Rifle. Also had S-Class Upgrades for Scanner, Mining Beam, Blaze Javelin, Geo Cannon, and Pulse Spitter.
– Interesting empty planet Yisiternd V (4070040e76d0).
– Accidentally overloaded Geology Cannon on new rifle. My capital ship crew located my remains in a cave once occupied by some large mollusk type creatures. Thankfully my essence had earlier been transferred to a Korvax Convergence Cube and my crew felt compelled to source a carapace for me. I am now an honorary Korvax! The geology cannon was removed from my multi-tool, replaced by a blaze javelin it would seem… (I actually did kill myself with the Geo-cannon, while base building (twice!) in an earlier save file and decided it just wasn’t for me! lol…).
– My new exo-suit excels at communication, but is less robust in hazardous environments. Thankfully it has some measure of protection from radiation. (I removed all my weather protection items and downgraded to C-Class radiation protection, because it was just so easy nothing felt dangerous).
– Landed Trade Outpost on moon Avok (3079040e76cc).
– Recruited Korvax Mining frigate. Decided it was a good time to build a fleet of quality vessels that need a chance to prove themselves (C-Class with as nice stats as possible).
– Took black hole, ended up in Edithos System (102c034f44a9).
Yubara VIII System:
– Landed on a strange planet, Hinnel Minor (11b8034f04a5). The scanner picked up as a “harsh blue globe”. Atmospheric turbulence caused light to absorbed such that all the world looked black and white, with dull red highlights on infrared sources. Excellent source of Activated Indium and Storm Crystals, despite the dreary weather.
Hapaye XIII System:
– Landed Trade Outpost on planet Ulompt Gamma (1079034ec4a1).
– Traversed black hole, ended up in Quanna System (10240294dfe0) on the other side of the galaxy! Considerably closer to the center, none the less.
– Recruited Gek Science, Supply, and Merchant vessels.
Puolin V System:
– Last stop on a stretch of Kovakrun systems before using the portal to do some work back at New Vertiform City. I had been hoping trade our enormous bucket of rusty bolts for a smaller, newer S-Class frigate; I’d rather have less storage and nicer design as my home in space!
– Took portal from Fallen Earth to Gogus Proxima in the [GOG-87] – Omning Lidkorjah system. Visited several bases created by other travelers. Found the entry for this system in my discoveries log was out of order, ran diagnostic, but logging tool reports all OK.
– Portaled back to Puolin V system and set waypoint to [GOG-87] – Omning Lidkorjah system.
– Made a deal to take command of a very nice (Star Destroyer style) white A-Class, 32 Slot capital ship. It was much larger than the S-Class style I was hoping to find, but after considering the scrap value of our old ship (C-Class, 28 Slot) and the fact that I bailed out this ship’s hapless gunners by taking out some equally hapless pirates, the 83M Unit transaction was too good of a deal to pass up. Most likely will keep this capital ship a very long time.
– Recruited Supply vessel The Kunecer War-Spear
– Bit of a bleak system, but I decided to explore a little anyway. Was curious about how there may be ancient bones on the airless moon _, discovered upon excavation they were the remains of the ancestors of the biological horrors that currently lay their eggs on the surface. Need to tune the scanner to ignore them – gross!
– Landed on moon that supports minimal amount of life. Strange that such a large body orbits inside the ring of dust. I wonder if further study would show the rings consist largely of the casting and dander of the large worms who I suspect burrow deeply here… Found many crashed freighters; Again, is it the rings? Dust storms chipping paint. Time to move on from Caklephi Beta and this system as a whole.
– Entered black hole in Lolberg-Tianu system, ended up in Oevush system. 662,662 from the core!
– Recruited Vy’keen C-Class combat vessel “The Dance of Air”. Comes equipped with tremendous cannons. Vy’keen rock!
– Recruited Korvax combat vessel The Shield of the Abyss. Nifty red/blue paint job. Hope they don’t scuff it up too often… Also picked up the science vessel MV-3 Michig
– 648,285 LY from the core, west side of galaxy. Jumped into black hole. Ended up in Daemonas system at 642,472 LY from the core on the east side of the galaxy.
– 638,179 LY from core. Took black hole, ended up in Nukiha system on the NW side of the galaxy 631,531 LY from the core.
– 607,485 LY from the core, encountered a large fleet of Vy’keen support ships. Recruited The Omen of the Horizon support ship.
Rivoik VII System:
– Single planet in this system is a beautiful tropical oasis, with blue skies, blue water, and deep reddish grass. Excellent place to get eaten by hungry and aggressive wildlife!
– 599,010 LY from core. Took black hole, ended up in Gakish-Oili III 593,593 LY from the core.
– 589,640 LY from the core. Took black hole, ended up in Geding-Nabru XVII system 582,951 from the core.
– Recruited GeK Mining (CS-3 Mitoi) and Combat (DSV-4 Atter) frigates. Had second thoughts about building an all Vy’keen combat force, just in case tempers run hot at some point.
Pajular-Enya II System:
– 570,707 LY from the core and I made an exception my reciting rule. Hired a B-Class Vy’keen mining vessel, as it had two +6 Industrial bonuses and uses only 8 tons of fuel per LY.
– Some nifty looking fighters and shuttles in this system.
– 558,005 LY due west of core. Took black hole, ended up in Utioae-Ulph system 552,172 LY NE of the core.
– Landed on what looked like a nice planet to set up camp, Wesandov III, but it wasn’t long before I was swarmed by football sized crabs that would happily devour me, suit and all. I slept in my ship, thankfully they couldn’t eat that too.
– Woke up refreshed. So many strange dreams since moving to this Korvax body… How many lives have I lived before? Have I? Do I? I don’t know… It’s a beautiful day!
– Waited for the fleet to catch up. Thankfully not problems traversing black holes. Dispatched two wings on missions.
– Non-Korvax entities aboard capital ship grew tired of eating rations since the cabin fire and subsequent ban of personal cooking equipment. Called upon Farmer stationed at New Vertiform City to setup and maintain a mess hall on capital ship. He was very eager to accept this new adventure! Armorer agreed to watch over plants in the city when off duty; I knew he liked flowers.
Baksanog XVII System:
– Landed on Ranc VIII (218e02b95310), as the scanner had some kind of malfunction, listing the planet planet as [REDACTED]. Worth investigating further. Found a dark, rainy world that is nice if you don’t mind the rain and you can find shelter during the occasionally deadly storm. Mined 1700 units of Dioxite (safely from a cut out that I made in the hill) while looking for some Activated Indium.
– Unable to locate any Activated Indium, but may return to Ranc VIII someday.
– Visisted Polo and Nada on the Anomoly. Got waypoint to black hole in Kodias III system 550,467 LY from the core. Warped there, traversed black hole, ended up in Lasdals-Olonq system 544,382 LY from the core. Not worth the repairs to hyperdrive upgrades, as that was only 2 jumps (with each jump only using 2% of my warp fuel).
Hidden Jem System:
– In my quest to find a heavily combat equipped science vessel, I found a Vy’keen system called Hidden Jem, due north of the galactic core. Not sure if that is a translation error, though I did find a mineral deep in a cave, on the one giant planet in this system, that a local indicated was called simply “Jem”. The planet, called Jewel of Nal (118001ab504c), appears to be an idyllic refuge for scientific minded Vy’keen. Lush blue grass and green skies, it truly is a hidden gem!
– (212101ab804d) Found a dealer who sells all red versions of the Radiant Pillar in various qualities. Also sells a nice symmetric gull wing hauler in red. Wealthy system, so lots of nice models available.
– Station merchant had a slick looking S-Class Rifle (16 Slots).
– At 535,128 LY from the core, hired final science vessel for the fleet. Top notch Vy’keen explorers (+6 Exploration bonus). Was hoping to find a crew with more combat experience, but this crew and their ship are the best explorers in our fleet, so no complaints!
– Unable to relocate the Eakeni System. Restarted journey to the core at Vidius-Tish System 541,597 from the core
– Aebashim System puts me at 500,265 LY from the core. Stopped in the next system for tea, because it wasn’t at war and we all know that war and tea don’t mix.
– You’d think that was name chosen by another traveler, but nope, it was generated by Atlas itself!
– System is 495,955 LY N from the core. Took blackhole (107902b2a049) and ended up in Inskyvi III system (1065004c4f9d) 489,814 LY S of the core. No damage taken!
– Next black hole jump, had to repair though.
– Doing a series of black hole jumps without documentation, but the gist is: Jump approx 2,000 LY to next black hole on scanner, take black hole, repair, repeat. Stopped in Gameaumon XVIII system 458,020 LY from the core to buy some wiring looms. Seems the combination of warp jumps and being stretched in black holes takes its toll on wiring. I feel fine though! Also purchased 2,173 units of Residual Goop, because “Goop + Poop = Gold” and that makes me happy.
– Having now reached the Ugyuang system 343,945 LY from the core, I have to say that the two times I did a black hole jump and didn’t need to make repairs were both flukes! I’d look into buying better equipment if I didn’t already have the best Nanites can buy.
– Landed at space station to rest for the night. Almost at the halfway point from where I started!
– Did some more jumping today. Caught a signal for some salvageable scrap on Nisiylvan (105dfc2ee05f), a frozen planet in the Netiluy-lonq system. Located a component in perfect condition worth about 2.4MU. Not bad for wanting to stretch my legs! That said, traveling to the core goes a lot faster than thought it would when I just jump without taking a break.
– 251,399 LY SW of the core. Nothing of interest to note.
– Less than 200K LY to go! Bought some Phosphorus here for a decent price.
– 117,642 LY W of the core. Ran out of cobalt mirrors to repair the launch system recharger. Will check station for supplies, if none found, will leave broken.
– 98,408 LY from the core, finally broke the 100K LY mark!
Arinqi II System:
– 44,287 LY from the core. The first system on my trip that was discovered by another traveler! Discovered by gjennings two years ago. I stopped here to use the black hole.
– Two black holes later at 28,335 LY, and I am in a system discovered by Root Boy Slim only eight months ago. Looks like he was also just passing though. I decided to land on the purple planet of Urmipp to catch a breather. Aggressive sentinels abound, so I stayed on top of a high pillar of stone to avoid them, but one of the buggers found me anyway when I scanning the birds flying below.
– Reached 3,497 LY SE from the core, checked map and there aren’t ANY stars beyond 400 LY from here toward the core! Crazy! Had a good laugh out loud when I found a system on the edge of the core named. “I spent 60 euros on this”. Of course, I had to go there too.
I spent 60 euros on this System:
– Discovered by AxeWorld three years ago. He also discovered the planet, “Prepare for disappointment”.
– Defeated 4 pirates with my default pulse cannon, again. Sigh…
– Doesn’t seem to be anything of interest here. Visited Polo on the Anomaly to request coordinates for an Atlas Interface. Maybe that will help… Did some reading, figured out I need to reach a gateway system, which can be found using the Galactic Core bookmark on the galactic map.
Niquntain XVIII System:
– 3,000 LY from the core, I could now jump into the center if I wanted! How’s that for crazy, eh? I don’t actually want to travel there though, as that would send me off to another galaxy. Instead I wish to end this journey by beginning another in the [GoG-87] – Omning Lidkorjah system where other travelers have settled!